Communities In Schools is the nation’s leading organization dedicated to empowering students to stay in school and achieve in life.
The mission of Communities In Schools is to surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life.
By bringing caring adults into the schools to address children’s unmet needs, CIS provides the link between educators and the community. The result: teachers are free to teach, and students – many in jeopardy of dropping out – have the opportunity to focus on learning.
For over 30 years, Communities In Schools has worked to ensure that every child needs and deserves these “Five Basics”:
- A one-on-one relationship with a caring adult
- A safe place to learn and grow
- A healthy start and a healthy future
- A marketable skill to use upon graduation
- A chance to give back to peers and community
Communities In Schools of High Point connects the following services to students:
- Train tutors and mentors
- Youth development skills
- Peer mediation
- Conflict management
- Job Shadowing
- College planning, college visits, application and financial aid application assistance
- Scholarships for college and community college
- Case management
- Agency referrals
- Social services
- Home visits and parent/teacher conferences
- Business and communities of faith partnerships
- Community service learning
- Juvenile court advocacy
- Specific academic assistance
- School to career transition services
Communities In Schools of High Point,Inc. would like to say, “Thank You” to EVERYONE for helping make DANCING WITH THE HIGH POINT STARS a GREAT and SUCCESSFUL EVENT.
Please SAVE THE DATE for the next edition of Dancing with the High Point Stars which will be held on Saturday, February 25, 2017.
“Like” us on Facebook: Communities In Schools of High Point, INC.